Open Letter to Mayor Solomon and the City Council:
In February of 2018 $30,000 was allocated to hire the accounting firm YKSM to produce certain reports pertaining to the fiscal condition of the city of Warwick. It has now been some 14 months and the residents as of this date have not seen the product of their hard earned tax dollars. Two union contracts with large raises have been passed without the basic information needed to make informed decisions. With maximum tax increases certainly in our future, the residents of Warwick deserve to know the truth about the current fiscal position of the city.
I respectfully request that you immediately set a date to present these findings to the public. The following tasks need to be implemented immediately.
1. SET THE DATE
2. PICK THE VENUE – NOT THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AS IT IS TOO SMALL
3. ADVERTISE THE MEETING SEVERAL TIMES TO NOTIFY THE RESIDENTS
4. USE THE CITY ROBO CALL SYSTEM TO NOTIFY RESIDENTS WELL IN ADVANCE
5. PRODUCE A POWER POINT PRESENTATION OF THE FACTS
6. ALLOCATE TIME FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE RESIDENTS
After the presentation the members of the council should be obligated to hold additional meetings within their ward to allow everyone an opportunity to have access to this information.
Please set forth your plan immediately. Those of us that have been paying attention already know the truth. Please put forth this information without delay.