Police Log - Stolen e-cig charger



On January 28 at 12:27 p.m., Officer Sokhannareth Chea and other members of the department were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident. Dispatch had advised the officers that one of the vehicles involved in the accident appeared to be leaving the scene of the crash, which occurred at Warwick Avenue and Post Road.

According to the report, Officer Chea was conducting a direct patrol in the area when he heard the radio call that the suspect car had been pulled over by Sergeant Charles Boisseau. He responded to the scene and was briefed by Sergeant Boisseau.

The operator of the vehicle, later identified as Lisa Ann Frazier, 43, of 212 Mountain Road in West Hartford, was asked to exit the car, however she was uncooperative at first. As a result, she was restrained for the officers’ safety and became cooperative. She then consented to partake in a series of standardized sobriety tests.

Based upon her performance during testing, and the officers’ experience and training, it was determined that Frazier was unfit to operate a motor vehicle safely. She was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence and transported to police headquarters.

At the station, Frazier agreed to take a chemical breathalyzer test, which reportedly produced blood alcohol readings of .281, .245 and .284 percent. Frazier was issued a summons for driving under the influence first offence, and duty to stop for an accident resulting in damage to an attended vehicle. She was then held for the next session with the bail commissioner.


Officer Brian Holleran responded to a victim’s complaint in the lobby of police headquarters on January 29 around 6:30 p.m. to take a stolen vehicle report.

According to the victim’s statement, the woman let her friend borrow the vehicle, a green Subaru Outback. When he stopped at the Cumberland Farms at 1535 Post Road to make a purchase, someone stole the vehicle. The friend stated that he left the keys in the car with the vehicle running as he entered the store. A report was taken and information about the car was entered into the police database.


On January 31 at approximately 9:30 a.m., Officers Rose Michel and Albert Marano were dispatched to the Warwick Mobil Gas Station at 91 Veterans Memorial Drive for a shoplifting report.

Prior to the officers’ arrival, they were informed that the suspects had fled the scene in a silver Jeep. They were described as two tall black males who fled with a box of e-cigarettes. The reporting party stated that he felt something was not right when the two men entered the store, which led him to view surveillance footage. There he discovered that one of the suspects had taken four e-cig charger kits, with a total value of $235.36.

The complainant stated that one of the suspects had visited the store before, but he could not provide any additional information. The report was forwarded to detectives for review.


Officer Christopher Cote was dispatched to Elm Street on January 31 around 2 p.m. for a reported larceny of sheets of steel.

Upon arrival the officer made contact with the reporting party who explained that he left his residence earlier in the morning. While away he got a notification on his phone that his security cameras had detected motion in his driveway. He later checked the video and saw that, at around 10:13 a.m., three subjects arrived in a pickup truck and took approximately 10 sheets of steel valued at approximately $750.

The complainant also advised that he was the victim of an additional larceny on January 24, where some steel railings had been stolen. Video footage showed a maroon pickup truck with silver trim along the bottom backing into the victim’s driveway. Two men then allegedly loaded steel sheets into the bed of the truck. The case was forwarded to detectives for review.


On February 4 at approximately 9:13 p.m., Officers Ali Jaafar and Tyler Stone responded to D&H Autobody on Elmwood Avenue for a report of an intoxicated driver involved in an accident. At the scene the officers found a gray Nissan Altima hanging off the wall dividing the sidewalk and parking lot of D&H Autobody. Their report notes that the car was running at the time.

Officer Stone approached the driver’s side door and observed the operator, later identified as Diane Granja, 47, of 507 Grand Avenue in Pawtucket. Granja appeared to show signs of intoxication and officers detected the smell of alcohol when she opened her car door. She allegedly told officers that she had “a few beers” at an earlier birthday party. She was asked to produce her driver’s license and had difficulty providing it.

While speaking with Granja, the officers noted a large pile of blue colored vomit a few feet back where Granja had been parked prior to the accident. She reportedly admitted to pulling into the lot for the purpose of throwing up. Officers also noted that Granja’s tongue was deep blue in color. She reiterated that she had only pulled into the parking lot to throw up, but was unable to explain how her car ended up hanging off the wall.

Granja agreed to take a field sobriety test. Throughout the tests Granja reportedly pleaded with the officers not to arrest her and stated that she would not drive anymore. Based upon the officer’s observations and training a determination was made that Granja was unfit to operate a motor vehicle. She was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters while her car was towed from the scene. At the station, Granja refused to take a breathalyzer test.

Granja was issued citations for driving under the influence and refusal to submit to a chemical test. She was later released to a sober adult.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment